Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

“Somewhere behind the competitor you’ve become, the practices, the people who pushed you, the races you have competed in, the long time dedication, and the friendships you have made along the way, there’s a little boy who fell in love with the race; do it for him….”

Friday, January 18, 2008

Just keep swimming

I worked with Mike Weaver (hope he doesn't mind my using his name) in the pool today. It's always extremely rewarding because of the progress he is making. It's hard for him to feel right now but I see a swimmer developing in him. Now the new challenge is what triathlon to do first!

My adventures in the pool afterward were steady. My coach hasn't had me in the pool too much yet so my sets of 75's did seem a bit daunting. I started out a bit slow by my own standards but finished a bit faster than I had anticipated. All in all a good swim.

I'm quite tired lately. Early season training always seem to get me a bit. Strength training seems to really fatigue me at this time but, hey, that's the point right? I'm heading to Phoenix next week to coach at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes Triathlon Camp. It's very exciting to be working with the likes of Chris Lieto and Jamie Whitmore. I so have to say I'm pretty pumped to be able to run and ride in shorts. It will also be great to have some time with my folks.

God Bless you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think of us while you are enjoying the warm weather!!