Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

“Somewhere behind the competitor you’ve become, the practices, the people who pushed you, the races you have competed in, the long time dedication, and the friendships you have made along the way, there’s a little boy who fell in love with the race; do it for him….”

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Normal Blog?

I have a tough time with a "normal" post. Maybe I'm a just a little closed off or don't feel like using my blog like a diary (although that's what they are right?). I do love that peole open themselves up and bring us into their days and lives freely in their blogs. It will take me awhile to get to that point.

Last night Micki and I got a treat. A neighbor watched the kids and we got to go down to Julie Mac's for Danny's Birthday. We had a blast. Drank a beer or two and played some ROCKIN' Guitar Hero. Now I'm not much of a gamer but it was ez to get hooked. Mike Creigo and Dan were the superstars but the rest of us enjoyed ourselves non the less. It really is true rock comes in three colors - red, green and yellow. That's on the ez level of course!

This leads us to today's workout. We slept in this morning. I worked most of the rest of the morning. Micki was wonderful enough to let me get an additional nap in. Pre-kids weekend naps were a given but NO MORE. I took advantage by flipping on the Golf tournament and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

It was getting later in the afternoon so we bundled up everyone for a family workout. We decided we'd run to the park and do some loops on the plowed road in the camp ground. Quincy (3 1/2) ran with us for several blocks. That kid is getting quit long legged and really clipped along. I felt a little guilty watching her run thinking "I'm influencing this kid too much!" it was still cool to see her run so well! The workout was hectic with the Dog, the girls crying A LOT and having to try and work in a little speed with the whole crew. I did the run ahead then run back routine and actually got some good speed and power in. I felt incredible on my feet today! Running nearly full speed didn't phase me at all, I felt light and fast- like I could run fast ALL DAY! It was exciting to feel that way - is this a sign for the upcoming season? God does work in mysterious ways!

Peace

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

I too cannot just "lay everything on the line" in my posts.
I journal for myself and just don't think some things should be shared.

So I understand perfectly! :-)