Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

“Somewhere behind the competitor you’ve become, the practices, the people who pushed you, the races you have competed in, the long time dedication, and the friendships you have made along the way, there’s a little boy who fell in love with the race; do it for him….”

Monday, June 16, 2008

1/2 Iron Success!!

This weekend was exciting! Not a mile from my house was a two race event that filled like an Ironman (waiting list and everything), drew a solid field in both races and made use of the park I train in daily and have grown to absolutely love. It was a race in my own backyard!

After a few down weeks I was ready to have a solid race again! I had almost forgotten how it felt. Two weeks ago was the start. An absolute flop at Pigman Sprint. This was the beginning of the downward slide.

Coming up on Alacatraz I got two different infections and ended up traveling and sleeping the nights prior in chills and cold sweats. One infection was a saddle sore which made it almost impossible to sit on my bike. NOT FUN! The weekend was really awesome though as our hosts (Ted and Mai) were absolutely awesome again. We also got to gather as a Fellowship of Christian Athletes crew and minister a bit. It was awesome! The race was pretty crummy but overshadowed by a beautiful day and great experience!

So coming up on this past weekend I was beginning to feel better , able to sit on the saddle and ready to rock my neighborhood triathlon! It started well but alas I ran into more of the same. NO GAS! I later figured out I was several pounds low and likely dehydrated. It was somewhat of a blessing in disguise.

In my struggling coming back in I was going slow enough to enjoy seeing so many impressive athletes out there going hard and finishing STRONG!

Congrats to : Dawn Keller (first 1/2 finish! Awesome!), Greg Meyer (1/2 finish), Bob Mackenzie (1/2 finish), Erin Schindler (Olympic Finish), Jamie Heying (first 1/2 finish!), tons of others out there who soldiered through and MADE IT!

Special Congrats to Kate Monster- 4th overall Olympic finish and PR 2:27!!!

It was an honor to be out there with all of you- it's inspiring to keep going and try harder!

More to come...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. Wish your race would have been better, but loved our run course hug! Feels good to keep improving and thanks to your guidance and inspiration. Your attitiude should always make you proud even though a podium wasn't in the day.

juliemac said...

It was so much fun watching and cheering on Saturday. What a day!!
Way to be a Soldier!!
You are such a great role model to all your athletes, well to ALL athletes.
Rock ON!

Anonymous said...

OK, you've heard this before from me but I have to say it again...

When you have a bad day, you NEVER give up. MANY people (especially pros) would quit and call it a day. Not you! You have NO CLUE how many people you helped along the way while you were struggling. When Micki, the girls, and I saw you with about two miles to go, the smile on your face said it all.

PLUS, Quincy really liked running with her Dad during the race! =)