Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

“Somewhere behind the competitor you’ve become, the practices, the people who pushed you, the races you have competed in, the long time dedication, and the friendships you have made along the way, there’s a little boy who fell in love with the race; do it for him….”

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Belated Blog


Well where do we begin.


I have to say that I just haven't had the urge to blog AT ALL. It is my belief this is due to two reasons; 1. Ironman training just saps me, 2. Seeing some of the "nasty" side of blogging lately has really turned me off. Blogs seem to me can lead us to think we KNOW someone well just because we've read EVERY fact on them possible. It seems to lead to some understandings but also misunderstandings, blog fights and the like. FYI this is why I don't comment back to anyone or comment much on blogs. I like to see what some one's up to at times but that's it- sorta like a newspaper with no opinion page.


ANYHOOOO


Last week was my Dad's birthday. He is 75 years old! Wow that is OLD! The weekend before I took him to the Twins game. It was really fun to get some father/son time. As we age and have our own families it gets so hard to have quality time with our own parents. I'm very much a hometown boy who doesn't get to go home much so seeing my parents is my way to "come home". Dad and I got to the game early, got some pretty good upper deck tickets and just sat and enjoyed the atmosphere! The game was OK to watch but the Twins lost. However, Dad and I enjoyed some good eats, just hanging together and the HIGHLIGHT of the game - scoring free Twins hats at free Dairy Queen Hat Night! I don't think I've had more fun at a ballgame.


Now if you know my family we all know my Dad is great but certainly not perfect. I won't sit here and say Dad and I are best friends. I just have a lot of respect for him. He worked hard his whole life, was quietly supportive of everything I did and is just plain MY DAD. I respect him, as a man, for how he goes about things with honor and integrity. He's old school and I love it!


Happy Birthday Dad! I love you.


Diddle Diddle Dumpling your son John

1 comment:

juliemac said...

I love the self photo of you and your dad, classic!
You just can't get enough alone time with your mom or dad. Those memories are to be cherished.
Man, I miss my dad.